Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

For a few days now, he has been getting like congested and

Customer Question

for a few days now, he has been getting like congested and this morning i heard him like he had the sniffles.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: a few months back my other cat had a respiratory infection and the vet prescribed me eye drop and ive been putting those in his eyes as well maybe its the same thing
JA: There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Blaze is his name and on the age not sure hes a kitten still im saying about 4 months old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Blaze?
Customer: his eyes water and one is kind of low
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,

I'm Dr. Karing and I'd be glad to help with your question about Blaze.

It does sound like he has an upper respiratory infection. Most of these are viral and must run their course. However, treatment of the symptoms or secondary infections (e.g. conjunctivitis) may be addressed as needed. Purina Fortiflora has been shown to improve the immune response and recovery time for cats with upper respiratory infections. It is available online and most cats don't mind this powder being mixed in their food. It is very tasty. You could give your kitten 1/2 - 1 packet per day in canned food (mix water in if needed to avoid a gritty texture). https://www.amazon.com/Purina-Fortiflora-Feline-Nutritional-Supplement/dp/B001650OE0

To help you further, please answer a few questions:

Is Blaze eating and drinking okay as well as being playful?

Do you see any nasal discharge?

Can you tell me what kind of eye drop you are using currently?

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. it looks like Dr. K opted out of the question. If you need more help can you provide a video of what you are seeing?