Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Well she is sick. I came home from work this evening and she

Customer Question
had been sick, but not...
Well she is sick. I came home from work this evening and she had been sick, but not hairball or undigested food. And I went to run a few reads and when I came back several hours later, she had been sick again but this time looked like there was some blood (it was pinker). When I pet or talk to her, her eyes look like they are rolled back too. She is acting sick and want to be left alone but the eyes and the blood appearance to her vomit is new.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I can tell. Haven't changed her food either.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Chloe and around 7 year old ragdoll. We resued her so ages is the best guess.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?
Customer: He seems to be pulling her hair out around her tail. It was just at her tail where it connects to her body but now it is more up her back/spine. Definitely pulling out her undercoat. We had her tested about a month ago and learned she/we had fleas. We're treating her for that. We also had blood work /ex rays done and learned she had an enlarged spleen with high white blood count, but nothing else showed up as a hot spot in either report.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/9/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How much blood did you see? A spoonful, more or less?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Any diarrhea?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian