Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My husband and I adopted a cat from the SPCA. They estimate

Customer Question

My husband and I adopted a cat from the SPCA. They estimate his age to be about 7 years old. He was found in under a truck hood, crawled into the engine to get warm. Result he was burned from hot engine, and was treated at the SPCA. He is a Himalayan, and we just had him groomed. He still has scars from his wounds that is still sensitive. Is there something we can put on his scars to promote healing? or help with sensitive skin?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: No, just pink skin. But he licks it alot.
JA: Phew. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Professor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Professor?
Customer: No, he has nothing else. Just sensitive skin.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 8 months ago.

Bless you for saving Professor. He sure is lucky to have YOU!

Go to Walmart and get raw honey Apply it to the sensitive areas several times a day. It is safe to ingest.

You can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent:

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you i will try that today!
Expert:  Terri replied 8 months ago.

You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!

You will be amazed at the healing powers of honey.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Expert:  Terri replied 8 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

purrfectkitty