Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a kitten who got spayed yesterday. My mom wanted me

Customer Question

I have a kitten who got spayed yesterday. My mom wanted me to go somewhere else to get my kitten spayed and remove the polyp other than my usual vet. The vet I went to only gave tresaderm as a prescription for her ears but I remember previously when she was prescribed tresaderm by my usual vet it didn't wind up working for her so my vet switched her to Baytril Otic and Clindamycin drops which seemed to have worked better for her right ear. I was wondering would the tresaderm still not work well for my kitten. Since the Baytril Otic and Clindamycin drops were for her infection do I still continue to use it?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry about your kitten having an ear polyp. Was it removed? I would not recommend the clindamycin at this time, but I would use ear drops. The Tresaderm should be fine, but if Baytril otic worked better that would be OK to use as well.

If the polyp is removed, you just need drops to reduce discomfort and inflammation so either one should be fine; I would not use both and I would not use systemic antibiotics like clindamycin. Please let me know how she is doing and what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response. How is Melody doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.
Hi Alvina,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Melody. How is everything going?