Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

I rubbed some jojoba cream on my hands and it was not fullly

i rubbed some jojoba cream on my hands and it was not fullly absorbed when I went to pet my boyfriend's cat who is staying with me. I'm very concerned this might make him sick as he is very sensitive and. his fur does look greasy, is there anyway i can get it off him?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your boyfriend's cat?
Customer: he has stomatitis and im worried its getting worse

Hi. My name is***** thank you for your question. This cream shouldn't be that critical for him to have had some possibly transfer onto his fur. There are a lot more serious potential situations with other specific medicated creams. As far as for him, you could take a warm, damp wash rag and just wipe this over his fur. This can help to get some (if any transferred) of it off him. You could then brush him really well to help get any lose fur off that may hold any more. More than likely this isn't again going to be an issue. If you want to let him have good access to water as this may help to wash any out of the oral cavity if he groomed himself and has some in his mouth. If he starts to vomit or not eat in 24 hours, then he should be checked over. The stomatitis he has most likely won't be aggravated by this. It may be the stomatitis itself just getting more progressed and needing to be addressed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. I am very worried about him, His stomatitis was also improving but it looks like he is swelling again. Can cold weather have an affect on this?

Cold weather itself shouldn't have an effect on a stomatitis situation. Stress though could cause it to not do as well. If he's staying with you in a new environment, the stress of that can sometimes allow these situations to get more pronounced.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?