Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

We got a 5-6 month old kitten a few days ago from our

We got a 5-6 month old kitten a few days ago from our friend, she is neutered and we believe vaccinated as well. We noticed her lip was fat yesterday and by the end of the day looked as if it has a little puss underneath. Today it is much worse with a lot more puss and some crust and we were thinking about taking her in but it's a lot of money so we wanted to make sure we needed to first, we have pictures we can send as well

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern about Peaches especially since she hasn't been with you for very long.

I'd love to see the pictures you mention; the following link walks you through the process: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Deb

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry their not the best, ***** ***** need more at different angles we can get some

Thanks. These look pretty good, actually. Please give me time to type back a response for you. Thanks for your patience. Deb

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No problem, thank you!

This actually looks like a condition called Eosinophilic grauloma complex which might have also become secondarily infected (the yellow pus pockets).

This condition is usually secondary to an allergy of some sort although the source of the allergy isn't always easy to identify in every patient.

Most cats will respond to a combination of steroids and antibiotics although every vet may treat them a little differently.

It will be tough to treat this at home since she's likely to just lick off whatever you apply but you can gently clean the chin with dilute betadine or iodine (to the color of weak tea) which may help.

I'd advise having her seen since this may worsen if you don't...although some of these lesions will remain as they are without progressing.

I hope this helps. Deb

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, thank you so much

You're more than welcome.

Best of luck with her. Deb

Hi Kira,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Peaches. How is everything going?
Dr. Deb
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We were never able to take her to the vet...but it's clear up a lot, just a little swollenness still there!

Thanks for sharing the good news about Peaches.

I've seen a few cats who reacted to something in their environment with a swollen lip like this which then seemed to improve but usually these cats need medication for that to happen.

I'm glad that she appears to be one of those cats who didn't need drugs:) Kind regards, Deb

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yeah (: we're gonna keep an eye on it!

Sounds reasonable to me:)