Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Nothing but I am wondering if snowshoe cats are sensitive to

nothing but I am wondering if snowshoe cats are sensitive to light
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: we have this 2 year old cat for almost a year and he seems to like to hide at times in dark areas of our house, so we are wondering if his breed is sun sensitive
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Mr. Cosmo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mr. Cosmo?
Customer: no

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I wanted to touch base with you in regards ***** ***** question. There are no reports of sun sensitivity in this breed and I can tell you personally that I have never had issues with photophobia in my own Snowshoes. It is not something we see genetically with them. Though if you think Mr. Cosmo is sensitive to the light, do monitor this. It could just be an individual preference but if we are seeing squinting or pain when in bright light this can be a sign of eye based issues (ie uveitis, keratitis, herpes) as well a neurological ones (though rare). So, we'd just want to keep an eye on him but if he is actively avoiding the sun and seems in discomfort when expose we may need a check up to ensure there is nothing causing Mr. Cosmo bother here.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )