Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Cat has a wound on his leg. He has biten and licked it to a drastic point. I have a cone on him and have been using

Customer Question
He has a wound on...
He has a wound on his leg. He has biten and licked it to a drastic point. I have a cone on him and have been using Epson salt bathing. Can I use a bandage with polysporin in between bathing?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Monkey and he is 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Monkey?
Customer: I don't think so. I am trying to keep him away from it so it will start to heal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
1/4/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Make sure that the cone is large enough that he can no longer lick it. Then I would alternate every 6 hours between putting thin films of neosporin and hydrocortisone creams on the area until it is healed. If it is not significantly better in a week, or if it gets worse, see a vet sooner.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Did you have additional questions for me? I see that you have read my response, but I have not heard back from you. Any questions about this? Any way that I can assist you further, or are you satisfied with the information I have provided?

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian