Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

He is straing to do wee JA: I'll do all I can to help. What

Customer Question

He is straing to do wee
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: He has been to vet just before Xmas with the same thing gave him minipress and anti inflammatory liquid for 3 days and tab half daily x twice am and pm he came good I thought and stopped the minipress after 3 days now he looks like his doing it again but bladder does not feel full and his eating and drinking ok
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Jimmy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jimmy?
Customer: He had same complaint 5 years ago due to stress not crystals we think it was new cats on the street
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought maybe he was not completely over it when I stopped his minipress
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely your sweet Jimmy has a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) that has not yet been cured. These signs of many trips to the litter box with little coming out are very typical for this. This infection in females and males makes them feel like they have to go all the time even if they have no urine in their bladder. This will require antibiotics. For now, go to the pet store and purchase a product called Methigel. Give your cat a dose of this on her nose every 4 hrs. This is a urinary acidifier that causes the urine to be in an acid state so the bacteria cannot grow. This will not cure this but will prevent further bacterial growth until you can get her to your vet for another round of antibiotics.

Take your sweet Jimmy to your vet as soon as possible. Failure to treat this especially in males, can cause crystals that could block the urinary tract and cause a life threatening condition.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jimmy did end up with a blocked bladder but no crystals or UTI must be stress and perhaps due to the weather it has been 38 and 39 degrees C here in Melbourne Australia. thanks for your advice,
cheers,
M