Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I've just noticed my cats back leg looks like it's asleep

Customer Question

I've just noticed my cats back leg looks like it's asleep she isn't making any noise like she's in pain and just rolled around and piped back up and is running around like normal but I'm worried it could be serious I don't want to neglect her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: She like to jump from her cats tree house that's 6 feet tall kinda worried me how fast and hard she jumps off of it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: She's 9 years old calico
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Do you mean the leg was stiff and stuck out?

Or is she dragging it?

Is she sore if you handle, flex, and extend the leg?

Is it cooler then the others?

Does she have feeling in her toes if you pinch them?