Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat is not ratting and wanting to sleep all day

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He throw up yesterday and was sneezing but he quit that
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 1 year ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't afford the extra money

For the phone call? No problem, I am glad to type out an answer for you here, I am sure I can advise you properly this way.

Please stand by for ten minutes and I will type out your answer ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again James,

Sorry to hear Mac is unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Having read your question through I have to say that what you should do just to be on the safe side is have a vet check Mac over sooner rather than later. The reason I say this is that while the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet the fact that he is lethargic and has a much reduced appetite and the other symptoms you mention makes me think that it is possible that he is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be the commonest cause of what you are seeing in a cat of Mac's age group although of course other diagnosis are also possible.

2. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is needed if he is indeed running a temperature. In the meantime until you can get Mac to a vet all you can do is to keep him comfortable and reassured and make sure he is getting fluids regularly.

3. However I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if his condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

I am sorry I cannot safely give you any more specific advice via the internet.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Mac is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his possible infection ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.