Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Well to begin with my mom and daughter went on vacation, and

Customer Question

well to begin with my mom and daughter went on vacation, and then my daughters cat started acting strangely, now he's not eating, walking around sluggish, crying loudly, i was thinking it might be a mild form or separation anxiety, but he's not looking too well, and I'm not sure what to do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: his names Ike, and I'm not sure maybe 2-3 years we got him from a shelter a few years back
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ike?
Customer: he's always had what looks like conjunctivitis
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long has it been since he consumed food?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's hard to tell he usually eats from the other cats dish

I think you are correct that he's dealing with stress from your daughter leaving, but it's going to be imperative that you determine if he is eating or not. Cats are prone to developing liver concerns, and even failure, after only a few days of avoiding food. Are you able to separate him to see if he eats?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Every time I go to see if he's eating or drinking he walk away

I would recommend putting him in a room on his own or separating the other cat entirely. Fill the bowl, take a picture of it and recheck in a few hours. If there is a reasonable amount of kibble missing, he is eating. If not, you know that you need to be concerned. From that point forward, you can try enticing him with kibble, pureed baby food in flavors like chicken or turkey, etc. If he avoids eating entirely, he needs to be examined.