Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Looks like an eye infection. vet closed due to holiday. :/

Customer Question

looks like an eye infection. vet closed due to holiday. :/ we have tobramycin drops. safe? kitten, approx 7mos.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Little Bo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bo?
Customer: got spayed nov 9. otherwise no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Tamra Hunt replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** I'm sorry your kitten is having some problems with her eye(s).

Are both eyes affected and what color is the discharge?

Is the kitten otherwise normal?

I cannot tell you to give Tobramycin drops because I have not seen your kitten. But I can send you to this website that shows it is safe for kittens. http://www.vetstreet.com/tobramycin-ophthalmic-rx

The drops will only treat a bacterial infection. If your kitten has a viral infection or if the symptoms are caused by anything other than a bacterial infection, the drops won't help.