Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He hasn't eaten for a few days I haven't seen him drink any

Customer Question

He hasn't eaten for a few days I haven't seen him drink any water the smell of mucus coming out his nose and mouth is horrendous his breathing is good his eyes are clear
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he almost 2 years old we had him neutered a few months ago tha neutered a few months ago they told us he had jaundice but he has had a good life until he got this cold
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: He is a good cat and we love him want him to live don't have a lot of money as far as his overall health until he was paid he was a big cat huge like 7/8 pounds now he's maybe 3
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He is not eating and that has me concerned I have read cats cannot go very long without food we have tried several types of wet food tuna fish and red mak and red meat ra and red meat raw he has no interest in anything. I hear mucus rumbling in his right nostril is there anything I can give him that I would have in my house to make him more comfortable and to start eating
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) When you look at the skin in his ears and the whites of his eyes, as well as his gums, do they appear yellow or pink?

2) How many days since he drank normally?

3) Has Buddy had any dental work performed?

4) When was his last exam?