Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

I have an appt. with a Vet for next month. Discovered small

Customer Question

Hi! I have an appt. with a Vet for next month. Discovered small marble sized round growth on his side. Sammie is not upset when we touch it - doesn't react!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Sorry Male Neutered Cat 8 years old
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: I said male neutered cat 8 years old.
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Sammie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sammie?
Customer: He is very healthy. Only stomatosis (had 9 teeth removed 3 years old). He has been very itchy lately. When we put him on grain free food wet & dry. He has been fine until we discovered the lumps.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since Sammie is acting normal and these lumps do not bother him, these are either scar tissue from a previous injury or insect bite or a benign tumor under the skin. If this was something more serious, he would be painful in these areas and not wanting to eat. It is best, ***** ***** , to have your vet examine these areas and possibly remove them and biopsy to be sure that these are benign, considering Sammy's age. In most cases, these are harmless to your sweet Sammie.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****