Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My approx 3 yr old cat has stopped eating. drinks water. I

Customer Question
my approx 3 yr old...
my approx 3 yr old cat has stopped eating. drinks water. I just spent $600 at a vet who took blood tests, disease tests-nothing wrong. said possible "dead" tooth but suggested more tests and exrays rather than treatment. I'm broke and my cat is dying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: I'm not aware of any problems. I've only had her about 3 months. previous owners didn't say anything. she doesn't have Leukemia or HIV. she is declawed and indoor. First 5-6 weeks ate like a pig, happy. liked grass. now, nothing. Heavy shedding. I switched her to Science Diet hair ball. will nibble, occasionally, but not enough to keep her alive
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/20/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago
Kelly Wright

Hi there this is Dr. Wright, I will need some more info so I can try to help you and your kitty

Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago

How long has it been since she has eaten anything?

Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago

It would be much easier if we could speak over the phone

Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago

If her condition is very serious I don’t want to miss anything

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You may be a perfectly qualified vet, but I do not trust this site to be authentic or trustworthy. I clicked on the "only $5 charge" in my anxiety over my cat, agreeing to an additional $17 for your response and some kind of answer or information, or direction to turn. What I received was not a response, but an invitation to speak on the phone for additional money. I'm sorry to have made this mistake, and if you are authentic, sorry to have bothered you. But, I have been ripped off enough and I believe this to be a foolish mistake. I will now have to contact my credit card company and probably close my account to prevent further fabricated charges.
Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi, I just wanted to get back to you and tell you that this isn’t a hoax or computer generated at all! I do undertand the suspicions in todays world though. I am a real person, a cat specialist in Costa Mesa California. It is in middle of the night right now because I cannot sleep, LOL. I included a pic of my kitty Max. I had sent the request for a phone call only because I felt a sense of urgency. The call was totally optional, just another way we can communicate and oten a lot faster.

I am happy to continue to go on answerin you questions if you want to give me an update?

Best Wishes- Dr. Kelly

Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago

Will you do me a big big favor and let me know if you received this? If I remember correctly our conversation was kina weird in the beginning because the computer glitched and kept sending the “Offer Proposed” message. I am a brand new doc on here (but 15 years in practice)

I just remembered that. I am very suspicious of scams and things like that as well. I can assure you, I am just here for you and youe kitty

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did receive your last message. I did keep receiving messages on my phone and email which alarmed me greatly and was a big part of my motivation to call and stop the question and connection with Just Ask. Thank you for your concern and the comments about legitimacy. One just never knows online. Actually my cat's condition was too serious to chat online or on the phone about, which I suspected. I was just so emotional and distraught over being ripped off by the first vet clinic I took her to I didn't know where to turn. I took her into another vet this morning. Ultimately, had her put to sleep. truly heart breaking. Indications were of a problem with her liver and/or pancreas. The vet was honest, straight forward about my options and supportive of my decision--which is what I really needed. So, thank you again for your follow up and honest expressions. I hope it works out better for your site. I can see that a working dialog in this media with a vet over a not-so-serious problem could be really great.
Warm regards,
Sharon
Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago

Oh Sharon, that just breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. If you want to chat about her condition or have any pressing questions, I truly have been a specialist for years. I am certain you made the very best decision for her, but I know sometimes you just need a shoulder. My personal cell phone # is(###) ###-####

God bless, thinking of you!

Dr. Kelly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
very kind, thank you. I have always thought the best veterinarians care as much for the human companions as for the pets, so I'm sure you are well liked.
I will be okay. I will grieve and cry as I feel the need. Fortunately (as it turns out) I took this whole week off work so I can blubber all week at my leisure! Mollie was a sweet lovey little creature. She will be missed.
Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Wright,
 replied 1 year ago

She was lucky to have you! God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving, Dr. Kelly

Kelly Wright
Kelly Wright
Kelly Wright