Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Yesterday she made strange crying noise - had a clear vomit

Customer Question

yesterday she made strange crying noise - had a clear vomit - I later found a 'white firm vomit' - cried when picked up - sat in the one position for a long time - stayed in her bed and cried - took to vet today - said she had blood in bowel and thus infection in bowel medication given and for us to give next 3 days - had a huge drinkof water when home sat in one position most of the day - this evening found small patches of blood on the floor and and on her right leg - now thinking it may be snake bite - how much Vitamin C can be given in case it is?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the cat? It's only $5 .
Customer: She is about 9 years old - she was bitten by a snake when quite young and survived - but symptoms different! Since then she is an inside cat but has access to a 'cat cage' outside with snake netting around, but very small snakes could get in (she caught one once!)
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 11 months ago.

Hi My name is***** and I want to help you and your kitty.

How is she doing today? How is the leg that had blood on it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You did not answer my question - how much Vitamin C could I give her in case it is snake bite?
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

ADMINISTRATION OF VIT C
(WORKS AS A NATURAL ANTIDOTE TO POISONS/BITES)
Med / Lg Dog / horse – 15mls of injectable Vit C every half an hour. (Vit C – ascorbic acid as sodium ascorbate)

** must inject Vit C, very slowly **

Cats / small pets – 8 to 10ml every half an hour.

ORAL DOSAGE: Alternatively give the calcium ascorbate powder dissolved in water and given orally every 15 minutes

http://www.petpathics.com/Vitamin-C-dosages.html