Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat from yesterday morning, he did not eat as normal. He

Customer Question

Hi My cat from yesterday morning, he did not eat as normal. He ate just a little bit, and feel tired all day today.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Tokichi. 5 mons
JA: How old is Tokichi?
Customer: 5 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Tokichi?
Customer: male
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When he awake, he's playing as normal, but not eat as normal. And no third eyelid. No fever. He's nose are wet when he is awake.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there anyone can answer my question?
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? I apologize that there was a delay in a response to your question. Does your cat spend anytime outdoors? Up to date on his vaccines? Any problems with urination or defecation?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO
He's a totally indoor cat
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He already finished all his shots.
Urination is normal in the morning. Because he did not take too much water and food, not too much in the afternoon

Okay thanks for the additional information. When you say he doesn't have a fever were you able to actually take his temperature? Based on his age I would be concerned about some type of viral infection or if he got into something unusual. Does he have a habit of getting into anything unusual?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nope. He's not getting into sth unusual and I just touch his nose to make sure he's not in fever. I don't have exact thing to take his temperature.

Okay with cats it may be difficult to tell if there is a fever with just the touch of the nose. However if you can get an ear thermometer you can get a pretty accurate temperature . Normally you would want the temp to be less than 102

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But I don't have the thermometer, he's awake now. Playing like normal days, but still do not eating or drinking.

Have you tried to tempt him to eat with different foods?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I change dry food to can food. He just taste a little bit and then back to sleep.

Okay that is definitely concerning if he is avoiding any food. He probably definitely needs to be seen by a veterinarian to make sure nothing more serious is going on. He may need to be tested for a virus and intestinal parasites.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK.

let me know if you have any further questions or concerns