Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has been vomiting for about a week now, every time he

Customer Question

My cat has been vomiting for about a week now, every time he eats, within a few seconds it comes back up. He has lost weight, poor appetite. It's like he is starving but can't keep nothing down. He drinks water. I have been puree his food which consists of boil chicken breast, no salt or seasonings, mixed with pedylite. Can I give him Crème Soda? What can I do to get him back to eating. He was always a good eater.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: He is 2 yrs old, always active
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm very sorry to hear about this situation with your little one. I'm going to be honest here and say that from an at home aspect, this is something that isn't going to help him. He needs to be seen by your vet. If he's been vomiting every day for a week now and is losing weight, then the concern for a blockage in his intestinal tract / stomach is very, very high. This is something that your vet can do some testing to see if this is present. If it is, then surgery is most likely needed. I can't say that there is really anything at home to do except to get him to your vet as soon as possible as he most likely will continue to do this and get weaker and weaker.