Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Stray cat with mastitis after birth how to treat

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could you give me an Rx for antibiotics . I have to many dogs and cats to take care of and no money
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Hi, Robert. Unfortunately, we cannot write prescriptions through the website. The veterinary licensing boards require that a valid client-patient relationship occur which involves a veterinarian examining a pet in person.

If the mother has developed mastitis, the recommendation is to remove the young and continue to bottle raise them. The mother should not be allowed to nurse any further and she should be placed on a strict antibiotic regimen.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What name antibiotics is best.

Clavamox is the one most commonly used in my professional experience. It's often easy to dose and well tolerated by the queen. Again, remember that the kittens need to be removed from the mother and hand raised.

Checking in, Robert. How is Mama kitty doing?