Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My brother use happy dip for flees and now he has some

Customer Question
My brother use happy jack...
My brother use happy jack dip for flees and now he has some tremors will he be OK?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: Have tremors with his ears.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Mani cat he's about 3 months old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Mani?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/5/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am sorry to hear about Mani. How long ago was the flea product applied? Was it a spray?

I would bathe him, to remove as much of the Happy Jack as possible.

Happy Jack contains pyrethrins and permithrins, which can cause tremors or even seizures in cats. If the tremors are bad, there is a medication your veterinarian can give, called methocarbomol, that will help until the insecticide wears off.

I hope you were able to see my responses; I have not heard back from you! How is Mani doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian