Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Notice either lice or mites. ..in the fur and scabs from

Customer Question

notice either lice or mites. ..in the fur and scabs from scratching on skin. Blotches of fur are falling when scratching.. was reading online and similiar symptoms for both and cannot tell by the pics exactly what insect is.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: moses and samson 11 and 15 yrs.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about moses?
Customer: not at this time.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your problem with your dogs. Can you describe at all to me the bugs you are seeing?