Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

her hind legs are wobbly JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the

Customer Question

her hind legs are wobbly
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No long hair very small for her age compared to siblibgs a ferral but will allow her to pick up
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: 8 months we call her shadow she is a ferral cat but don't want her to get heurt
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about heurt?
Customer: She has very long hair on her feet
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Cambria Hurlimann replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I am happy to help you with Shadow. So sorry to hear that she is not doing well. How long have you noticed that she is wobbly on her hindlegs? Is she acting normally otherwise? Is she eating and drinking, urinating and defecating normally?

Thank you,

Dr. Cami

Several possibilities come to mind when considering wobbly legs in a cat. Since she is an outdoor cat, the main ones I think of are an injury to the hindquarters or back, or even a head injury, another would be some type of toxicity. Because there are so many things that can cause wobbling in the hindlegs, I would recommend that Shadow be examined by a vet today to determine if there is something that needs immediate intervention, and to help sort out the many possible causes.

Good luck with Shadow,

Dr. Cami