Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I was just laying on the couch and he peed on the blanket

Customer Question

I was just laying on the couch and he peed on the blanket why I was laying on the couch.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kevin and is 2.5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kevin?
Customer: No. Perfect health. Fixed.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've noticed recently that he has peed on a pile of blankets in my basement . He is fixed and sometimes humps this stuffed animal I have. So weird I know, but this didn't start happening until around then. Excessive licking down there. Otherwise seems to be normal.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He got really skiddish after he did it. Like eyes dialated and acting weird .
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** *****'s situation, we can see inappropriate urination for a range of reasons. This includes bladder issues, systemic health issues, stress and territorial drive, among differentials. That all said, if he has passed urine on you but is also licking his genitals more often; then we'd be most concerned about bladder issues specifically. A bladder infection, urine crystal issue or bladder stones could all prompt this behaviour and unlike the other differentials would also leave him uncomfortable with his genitals. Therefore, with this in mind (and since he can pass urine), we'd want to consider a check up with his vet as soon as possible. We'd want them to examine him for stones but also check a urine sample to determine if those other 2 issues are afoot. If infection is found, then antibiotics and kitty safe pain relief would be indicated to nip this in the bud. Or if urinary crystal issues are damaging his urethra and inflaming his bladder these plus a special diet can counter that for him and avoid stone formation.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.