Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Black inside cat about 14 years old has a sore that is

Customer Question
slight bleeding at the inside...
Black inside cat about 14 years old has a sore that is slight bleeding at the inside base of her tail. Have not seen blood in urine or stool.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: She doesn't like me to pick her to look at. I took a baby wipe and cleaned it. she is licking at.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this sore to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just a minute while I take pic

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just emailed a pic

Nothing has arrived. Did you use the paperclip icon or an external app?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I didn't see a paperclip I attached to an email

If the email went to customer service, they'll forward it to me but that can take up to 24 hours. Can you post the email address so I can check on it?

No, not your email. To whom did you send the attachment, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry have trouble to do it on computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just answers

I understand. I'll watch for it to show up. If you don't hear from me in 24 hours it wasn't received by the site.

I did, thanks, ***** *****'s out of focus and nondiagnostic. I can't tell if it represents skin cancer, an eosinophilic granuloma, or simply an area that she has licked to the point of ulcerating her skin due to minor irritation. I believe you're going to need to have her vet look at this hands-on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the help

You're welcome. Mea culpa.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian