Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Our cat is having continuous tremors and having seizures. We

Customer Question

Our cat is having continuous tremors and having seizures. We put front line on her and sprayed pesticide around our house.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your cat. Frontline is very well tolerated. The pesticide around your house might be suspected particularly if it contained a pyrethroid. Can you tell me the active ingredient in that product? Cats are quite sensitive to pyrethroids and will tremor and seizure if enough is ingested. They need to be hospitalized on an IV that will hasten excretion of the pesticide and through which anticonvulsive drugs such as diazepam (Valium) is administered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's called Bifen I/T and the active ingredient is Bifenthrin.

Thank you! Yes, bifenthrin is a pyethroid and should be incriminated in her behavior. Unless her tremors and seizures have stopped, she needs the attention of her vet at your ealriest convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our Vet said she can't do anything for her

You'll need to find another vet who's willing to provide the proper care for your cat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would all of this cost us?

I regret that I can't know what you'd be charged. It would be predicated upon how involved her treatment would be and how long it would be necessary to treat her - usually no more than a few days. I can ballpark your costs at less than $1500 but always ask for a written estimate before anything is done. Please continue our conversation if you wish.