Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat is 4 years old. She has a healthy appetite but is

Customer Question
Hi. My cat is...
Hi. My cat is 4 years old. She has a healthy appetite but is losing weight, her fur is falling out and she has lost a lot of muscular ability. It seems like she is not absorbing the nutrients from the food. she tested positive for Corona Virus so the vet believes she may have the dry version of FIP. I'm wondering what else it could possibly be
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Lulu
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lulu?
Customer: Since we've had her she doesn't groom herself, doesn't play and always seems to want to eat
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/6/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Lulu. Did your vet do blood working checking her liver values, kidney values, and thyroid levels? Did they do a urine evaluation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your response. I will be following up with my vet and getting another opinion. Since I did not realize this is a paid service and I do not want to subscribe.

That sounds like a very good idea. If no blood work or urine testing has been done, that is absolutely what needs to be done. In her situation, other things to consider are hyperthyroidism, diabetes, chronic renal disease and cancer (lymphoma is the bigger one with cats). I'm hoping for the best for her.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian