Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat is nearly 20yrs old and seems to be in good health,

Customer Question

my cat is nearly 20yrs old and seems to be in good health, but just lately he has started peeing all over the place sometimes in his litter box ,sometimes on the bed room carpet, but seems to like to doorway to the bathroom.I have tried everything to stop him but nothing works HELP PLEASE!!!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about this problem with Kisa.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

This could be due to a number of problems we see in older cats: Urinary infection, chronic kidney disease, diabetes, diseases of the spinal cord ( tumor, bulging disc, blood clot).

What have you tried so far?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

If this were my own cat, the first thing I would do is a urinalysis to check for infection, diabetes, possible kidney disease.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sry lost you for a minute, The vet has checked him over and said" well he is getting old maybe it`s naerly time "But he is eatting well and has no problem with his bowls he didn`t like it at the vets and hissed at them which he has ever done at home he is an in door cat but has move house with me over the years with no problems but has live at this home for 9yrs
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

Did your vet do a urinalysis, or blood tests? That is the first thing I would do if a cat this old belonged to me, or was my patient.

He may not be able to help himself if he has kidney disease, diabetes, or if he is hyperthryoid.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! Can I help with any other questions?