Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has a bloated stomach and is having trouble moving.

Customer Question

My cat has a bloated stomach and is having trouble moving. He also meows in distress when he is picked up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sheldon and he's almost 1
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sheldon?
Customer: No he just seems to be sore
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Sheldon seems to be uncomfortable and has a bloated stomach/abdomen. This is concerning for a possible bladder problem.

Is Sheldon neutered?
When was the last time you saw him urinate?

- Dr. H

A cat that is vocalizing is never a good sign. So I have to ask these questions to determine if Sheldon is stable or not. A urinary blockage is my main concern for a bloated abdomen cat that meows in distress.

- Dr. H

I have to step away from the computer and turn in for the night, so I will opt out of the conversation to let another expert assist you in case you return to the chat. I will check back in tomorrow if you need further assistance from me.

- Dr. H

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

JACustomer, Dr. H had to step out of the conversation but I am here to help currently. Can you give me an update on how Sheldon is feeling currently so that I may further assist you?