Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My sister, has a cat, she is 1 yr and half, when I visit to

Customer Question
hello ,,,. my sister , has...
hello ,,,.
my sister , has a cat , she is 1 yr and half, when I visit to my sister house , (the cat is Shirazi), she is so good with her and her husband, but with me initially ok,but when i carry her like a baby onto my hand and chest, then after 1 min she get angry not very, but fed up with me. my mom and sister its ok longer time then she get down by her self, i need to kiss her she try to bite my face, or injure me by her claws, i love her so much, i want to carry her again she run ,when she look she is trapped in the corner she want to defense her self like i am a criminal then run again, and hide. a place i can't reach , some times she make like a cobra or snake sound to scare me, what can i do if i want to her to return to me like we are friends?in fact for 6 or 7 months the cat had lived with me before my sister moved to new house,the cat is so - very hyper active, she move alot between tables and pc table. and jump into higher table and drop expensives items,!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/16/2016
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The three most important factors when befriending a cat is that:

1) They must trust you
2) You must respect their wishes
3) You must give them all the time they need to overcome their fears

Do not gauge your friendship with her on what other people can do with her. She has a different relationship with them. In order to befriend her again, you need to respect her boundaries, give her time and allow her to trust you. I recommend never pursuing a cat: always allow them to come to you. Never force them to be picked up, hugged, kissed or petted. If they come to you, move slowly and allow them to tell you where they want to be. She is obviously more reserved and the attention she's receiving is stressful. Let her come to you on her own time. If she wants to hide, allow her. When she is ready to make friends, you'll know because she will be right by you asking for attention.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your experience going with Shirazi?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian