Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have 2 cats (l female and l male - both fixed) The male

Customer Question

I have 2 cats (l female and l male - both fixed) The male cat wants to mound the female. What can be done to prevent this?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CalCatDoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I'mCustomerand I can help with your question.

I first have just a few questions about the situation. Do you have time right now to answer and are you agreeable to this, or should I opt out and let someone else take it later?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Well you don't seem to be available. I'll ask a few questions anyway. You can respond at your convenience and the system will alert me. Please be patient as it may take me a little while to get back to you.

How old is your male? How old was he when he was neutered? Was he castrated (the normal procedure) or was he possibly only given a vasectomy? Did your vet indicate there was anything unusual about the surgery?

How old is your female? How old was she when she was spayed? Has she displayed any signs of estrus (heat) since she was spayed? Did your vet indicate there was anything unusual about the surgery?

How long has your male been mounting the female? What sort of behavioral context is this occurring in (what are they doing when it starts - playing, sleeping, eating)?

How does the female respond? Is she upset by what he is doing?

I'll let you respond when you have a chance.

Oh hi!

Are you still interested in working with me to answer your questions?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO I am not satisfied with this site. All you people want is to charge credit - 22.00 28.00. I am requesting again for my credit to be credited for $22.00. I am not happy with this site - if this is done by Monday Sept.12, 2016 I will contact my credit card and BBB.

Hi! I just now saw this reply from you.

I will contact customer service for you and they will be in touch to address your concerns.

Okay, I just messaged them and they should be in contact with you soon. If not, please let me know again.