Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Coccidia, It is a kitten there are several at the farm with

Customer Question
Coccidia JA: I'm sorry that Coccidia...
Coccidia
JA: I'm sorry that Coccidia is feeling poorly. What is the matter with Coccidia?
Customer: It is a kitten there are several at the farm with it. Can I use for if. And if yes how much
JA: Where does Coccidia seem to hurt?
Customer: That is what he has
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I want to know how much For if to give a 2 lb kitten. And how many times
JA: Is Coccidia eating normally?
Customer: Hello. Blankie is eating but as soon as he finishes eating he's got diarrhea poops all over
JA: OK, abnormal eating. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coccidia?
Customer: Please all I want to know is how much corid to give a 2-pound baby kitty and how long do I give it to him for
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/7/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I understand. Dosing for amprolium (Corid) for such a small cat is 60 mg once daily for 5 days. Amprolium is bitter and care should be taken that the dose in ingested and not spit out. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if he weighs 2lbs. How many 'll does he get.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mls
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
60 to 100 mg.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know what that is I need it broke down to me I don't want to kill him

It's 60 mg/cat of that size - not 60 mg/lb or 60 mg/kg. If you have the amprolium 9.6% (96 mg/mL) oral solution, you would give Blankie 0.6 mL of that solution once daily for 5 days. Please let me know that I've clarified this for you. You'll need a tuberculin syringe to measure such a small dose accurately.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian