Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Shaking and doesn't want to eat, Kitten is 4 months old, Is

Customer Question
Shaking and doesn't want to...
Shaking and doesn't want to eat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kitten is 4 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kitten?
Customer: Is just laying still
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/5/2016
Cat Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

How long has this been going on?

When was the last time Kitten ate?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe since yesterday. The last time the kitten ate was yesterday
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He hardly moves and shakes a lot.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He doesn't want to eat.

Do you have any pancake syrup in the house or honey? Try administering a few drops of that into his mouth.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But he does not want to open his mouth
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try that right now

You can try putting it in the side of his mouth, between the lips and teeth.

Even though we don't know why he is not eating, the shaking makes me worried he may be a little hypoglycemic. If that is occurring, and if you can get some sugar into him, it will help while you try to find out what else may be going on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just gave him syrup

When was the last time he was seen by your vet? Has he had any kitten vaccines? Has he been dewormed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No he hasn't been vaccinated yet
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No he hasn't been deworm

Intestinal parasites are very common in young cats and can lead to GI upset and decreased appetite. Also cat viruses are much harder on kittens than adults if they become infected. Even if he perks up from the syrup, we still don't know what caused him to stop eating and become so lethargic. I would definitely urge you to have him examined by a veterinarian today. Kittens that young do not have much reserve and you don't want to wait too long or you could lose him.

Has there been any improvement at all since the syrup? You could try to do the same with small bits of water over to help rehydrate him.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm looking for a vet place but it's hard since it's a holiday.

If you tell me your zip code, I can try to help you locate a 24 hour clinic near you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1660 W. 36th St, LA, CA, 90018
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe there is a 24 hour animal hospital in Culver City but not really sure.

Let me see what I can find.

Here is a link with some you can call to see if they are open.

LINK HERE

I hope this is helpful.

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't open the link

Here, try to just cut and paste the address:

http://www.vetlocator.com/search_results.php

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Good luck with him. Please keep me posted as to how things progress.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian