Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I hava a 17 year old cat that was recently diagnosed with a

Customer Question

I hava a 17 year old cat that was recently diagnosed with a severe bladder infection. She is on an antibiotic and also on a steroid for skin allergies. I just walked in on her pooping on my bed! It is not the first time. We have 2 cats and I didn't know which one it was. One of them has been peeing in the bed too. It could be the same one... Any thoughts on why???
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Joyce, this could most certainly be the same cat. Until the infection is successfully treated your girl is likely going to continue. This typically happens because cats associate pain with their cat box and try to a vid going there. Some will argue that they're trying to draw attention to their predicament, as well.

Although it's tough to wait, these symptoms should improve once the bladder infection has been effectively treated and she's no longer in discomfort. At that point, she should resume using the box full time.

Let me know if I can help further.