Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I have a 7 y.o. burmese male cat. he has lost about 20% of

Customer Question
I have a 7 y.o.brown...
I have a 7 y.o.brown burmese male cat. he has lost about 20% of his body weight in the last couple months. seems almost anorexic. his brother same litter only champaign in color did the same thing 2 years ago. we are using Nutritional gel on his paws. have literally tried everything but visit to Veterinarian
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: mocha
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about mocha?
Customer: seems like he is highly allergic eyes need to be cleaned daily. have trie low dose claritin with fair results. My wife and I are long time cat lovers and are both Nurse Anesthetist
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/28/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian

HI this is Dr. Hill. Give me a moment to read your question and I will be right back.

So, a couple of questions to start. Is Mocha indoor only? What diet do you feed? When was the last time he had any bloodwork?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian