Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She suddenly started panting and drooling, Myschka and, For

Customer Question
She suddenly started panting and...
She suddenly started panting and drooling
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Myschka and
JA: How old is Myschka?
Customer: For some reason this shut down, Myschka aged 17
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Myschka?
Customer: Now she's just lying here
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/19/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Myschka is panting and drooling today. To confirm, this just started all of a sudden?

Sudden onset of panting and drooling can be caused by several things-

-does she go outside? could she have eaten something like a bug that would taste really bad? A really bad taste in her mouth could cause this.

-Does she appear to have labored breathing as well? Heart problems, inflammation in the lungs and pneumonia can also cause this.

-Does she ever chew on electrical wires? Electrocution can look like this as well.

How can I help you and Myschka tonight? What questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian