Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

It's my puppy, i was eating some dinner and had a smoke in

Customer Question

It's my puppy
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your puppy?
Customer: i was eating some dinner and had a smoke in my hand and she jumped into it. I am so worried but emergency vet is expensive,
JA: Where does your puppy seem to hurt?
Customer: She seems to be ok but I was just looking for advice about it. I got all ash out and I think it burnt just under her eue Eye
JA: Burns are certainly painful. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your puppy?
Customer: She is acting normal and eating and keeping her eye fully open but I'm just worried
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Poor lass!

If you are seeing any damage to the eyeball itself, then we'd need to have her seen urgently. Though since this sounds like a skin burn under the eye, you can use supportive care just now. To start, if there is any ash in the eye, you can use cool water or sterile saline (ie OTC first aid eye wash,plain contact lens solution) to remove that. This can also be applied to the burn and we'd want to rinse that cool water over it for at least 10-15 minutes (just as we'd do for a burn for us). Avoid using ice or butter/ointments, as these can damage the injured tissues. If she rubs at the area at all, we may need to use an e-collar. Otherwise, once her regular vet is open you can have her seen for dog safe pain relief or antibiotics. Though if she is quite settled at that point, you may only need to salt water bathe +/- apply an OTC antibiotic cream at that point to facilitate healing.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much she seems to be doing great
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

I am glad to hear that she is and that there has been no harm to the eyeball itself. So, do use the above and hopefully we can limit skin damage from this and get it healing quickly for her.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.