How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terri Your Own Question
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Category: Cat Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 32666
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
Type Your Cat Veterinary Question Here...
Terri is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am working with the local shelter bottle feeding 3 week

Customer Question

I am working with the local shelter bottle feeding 3 week old kittens. The male was eating fine yesterday and now he is vomiting his milk up and losing weight
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: does this cost to talk to the vet?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.


I am sorry the kitten is not feeling well.

Give him a rest from the milk for a few hours.

Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into his gums to raise his blood sugar in case he is hypoglycemic.

Dilute the milk with unflavored pedialyte 50/50 to replace his electrolytes.

Do not hold him like a human baby. Keep him on his tummy in a nursing position.

After there is no vomiting for 24 hours you can resume his normal feeding schedule.

Please let me know how he is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,