Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My Himalayan has pinkish red around her eyes and back of one

Customer Question
ear with some hair loss...
My Himalayan has pinkish red around her eyes and back of one ear with some hair loss on the ear.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Cat's name is ***** ***** she is 5 years old. We just moved her from California to Hawaii in July.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Milani?
Customer: She tends to be scratching her ear quite often lately.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/17/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has Milani had these signs?

What flea treatment do you use? When was it last applied?

Any discharge, odor, or inflammation inside the ear?

Any diet changes in the past two months before this started?

Any tearing from the eyes? What color?

Any coughing or sneezing?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian