Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He's been itchy for a couple of months now. Licking off bits

Customer Question

He's been itchy for a couple of months now. Licking off bits of fur on his back, sides, belly, paws. My vet said it was a food allergy. She took swabs from his ears and his skin. Said there was yeast in his ears. I've switched him to the food she recommended two months ago. He is a large white male, shorthair, 18 years old and never had this problem before.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CalCatDoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

I will need to ask some questions about his dietary history. Are you available to do that?

Expert:  CalCatDoc replied 1 year ago.

Since you don't appear to be online I will send your question back into the pool and let someone else pick it up.

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, this is Dr. Gabby. I would be happy to help you with Chester as CalCatDoc had to log off the site.

Can you tell me the name of the food that was recommended by the vet and that you have been feeding hm for the past 2 months?

Has he had any other foods or treats in the past 2 months?

Was there any improvement at all in his hair or skin? How about his ears and the debris in the ears?