Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I have a 10 yr. old male neutered tuxedo cat- that lost use

Customer Question
of rear left leg. Xrays...
I have a 10 yr. old male neutered tuxedo cat- that lost use of rear left leg. Xrays and CBC done- O showed up... my vet in CT thought it might have been a blood clot and put him on 81 mcg. of baby aspirin...2x/w3k... no change??? Joyce @ (***) ***-****
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: Not to my knowledge!
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Not to my knowledge!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: I told him all I knew
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/10/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 1 year ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

I am so sorry this happened to your boy.

How long since he lost the use of his leg?

Does he have any known health issues like diabetes?

Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hi, JACustomer. Can you tell me more?

1) Did your vet discuss or recommend an echocardiogram with a cardiologist to determine if the clot was secondary to heart disease?
2) Is he using the leg at all?
3) Can he feel pain in this leg? Or, is the leg painful?
4) When did he lose usage?
5) Is the paw warm or cold?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian