Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She has some sort of worms I"ve noticed small pieces around

Customer Question

she has some sort of worms I"ve noticed small pieces around the hair on her rectal area. I took her in from the outside she was abandoned so I'm having a hard time cleaning the area. She tries to bite me. What can I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** shes 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Boots?
Customer: No other then that she seems very healthy
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Do the worms look like rice?

2- Is she strictly outdoors?