PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I HAVE A 17 YEARS OLD CALICO FEMALE CAT. SHE IS IN GOOD

Customer Question

I HAVE A 17 YEARS OLD CALICO FEMALE CAT. SHE IS IN GOOD HEALTH. WE LOVE HER SO MUCH. MY QUESTION IS: WHY DOES SHE WALE A LOT WHEN SHE COMES TO HER WATER;
SHE MAKES AREAL STRANGE SOUNDS?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Some senior cats are simply vocal and excited about water and sometimes we can see underlying conditions like hyperthyroidism and kidney disease contributing to the sounds. If she has not recently had blood work done, you may wish to have this performed to be sure there are no underlying conditions contributing to the wailing.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sesammee. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy