Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Well he has poop stuck in his. Is it caused by what I am

Customer Question
Well he has poop stuck...
Well he has poop stuck in his butt. Is it caused by what I am feeding him? What should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Aaron and he is 10 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Aaron?
Customer: He does have long hair but otherwise he is a pretty healthy cat
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
8/1/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Do you think that the stool may be stuck on the fur around the rectal region? Sometimes there can actually be material in the stool that isn't let it pass very easily or at all. Could there be fur in it? Other material like string? In a situation like this, light traction on the material can be done to see if it can be removed. If this is just stuck on the fur, then it will come off with pressure and maybe a moistening of the area. If there is material in it that is still inside, that is when it gets potentially very serious.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian