Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitten! So did she vomit up most of the pill?
Is she still vomiting? Just trying to be sure I know the exact situation!
How many pills did she ingest? Do you know the size of the pills and her approximate weight? How long ago did she eat them?
How many times has she vomited total?
Ok. If she did not vomit up both pills in their entirety, then I would recommend seeking emergency veterinary care. The problem is this kitten is so tiny, even if she just absorbed a portion of one of these tablets, she could have ingested enough to cause damage to her kidneys. Cats are very sensitive to ibuprofen toxicity, and a kitten this small could have toxicity from absorbing less than 1/4 of one of the pills.
If she has vomited this many times, she is getting too dehydrated and unfortunately at home, there is nothing to do to treat active vomiting other than withholding anything oral (food and water) for a period of time and then slowly reintroducing it. But she is so young and has vomited so many times that I think we are past the point where that is appropriate. She needs to have her kidney values checked, needs fluids (IV or subcutaneous) to rehydrate, and injectable medication to stop the vomiting.
Please let me know if you have any other questions! If you do not have any other questions, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question, and can know that you do not have anything else I need to answer. Thank you and best of luck to you and your kitten!
Hello, just checking to see how your kitty is doing today?