Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat vomited then tried unsuccessfully to pass stool-- she

Customer Question
my cat vomited then tried...
my cat vomited then tried unsuccessfully to pass stool-- she is grooming her bottom--appears to have some bowel obstruction-- female calico unknown exact age approximately 23 or 14 years--is this something that can wait till morning?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/23/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can you confirm that she is passing urine?

How long since her last stool?

Is she able to keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Any belly discomfort, appetite loss, or breathing changes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I needed this answer last night--you advertised you were there 24/7 I just wanted to know if I had an emergency i needed to attend to immediately or could she wait till we could get her to her vet today--you didn't answer till 7:35 this morning--we will take her to her own vet I am not interested in what you have to say at this point.
Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian