Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Cat has stopped eating has lost weight and has bouts of

Customer Question
consecutive sneezing I recently put...
Cat has stopped eating has lost weight and has bouts of consecutive sneezing I recently put down some diatomaces earth for fleas on my dog
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Blue about 10
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Blue he's a furry big 10 yr. old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: He has ( but has always had ) eye discharge he is drinking water
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/18/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Any nasal discharge, breathing changes, or congestion?

What color is Blue's eye discharge? Was the cause for this ever diagnosed?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian