Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat has been sneezing and gagging while now. I cant

Customer Question

My cat has been sneezing and gagging for a while now. I cant afford a vet. Is there any way I can help him
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rosey. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is she eating? Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Is there discharge from her eyes or nose?

Since I can't see and exam her, some additional information will help me answer your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is eating there is discharge from his nose and he is an outdoors cat who has recently been killing rabbits
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Is he eating and drinking?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, you said that!!

It would be good to know if he has a fever; can you take his temperature with a thermometer? If he does, he might need antibiotics, which you can't get without a vet visit. You could try Terramycin eye ointment; that is an antibiotic ointment you can get without a prescription in most states. For the sneezing, you can use children's nose drops such as Little Noses, 1 drop in each nostril once to twice daily.

In some areas, rabbits carry infections that would require antibiotics. He would have a high fever (over 104) if he had that.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! How is Rosey doing?