Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She has a very thick mucus/drool coming from her mouth and

Customer Question
has stopped eating. She...
She has a very thick mucus/drool coming from her mouth and has stopped eating. She is 16 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Star
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Star?
Customer: No. They are going to do an ultrasound and look down her throat tomorrow. If necessary xrays too. What are the possible things that could be the cause of this?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
7/11/2016
Cat Veterinarian: Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian

This is Dr. KV. I am here to help with Star. I am happy to hear you are taking her to the vet tomorrow, but very sorry to hear that she is not doing well. There are several things that could be going on...an infected tooth, general dental disease, or possibly a mass or tumor in her mouth or throat. Sometimes, older cats will have metabolic diseases that can cause nausea, drooling, and decreased appetite.

Please feel free to reach out if I can assist you further. Good luck tomorrow with the oral exam.

With appreciation,

Dr. KV

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She had tongue cancer. We had to put her down.

I'm so sorry to hear that! My thoughts are with you at this sad time. Rest in peace Star.

Katie Volat
Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian