Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I am in charge of a cat rescue organization and frequently

Customer Question

I am in charge of a cat rescue organization and frequently we see a kitten spike a high fever, no other symptoms except a lame paw or foot. Temperatures are over 105. Treatment protocol with our vet has been Polyflex infections, fluids, clavamox and time. She doesn't have an answer as to what might be causing this illnesses. It can affect a whole litter but most often 1 or 2 in the litter. It is random, no other exposure to cats that may have it.
Appreciate your help.
Shirley
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

What testing has the vet done?

Are the cats affected vaccinated?

Does the lameness seem to shift between legs?